David has been a Texas Board Certified Lawyer in Labor and Employment Law since 1988.
The Texas Board of Legal Specialization (TBLS) was established in 1974 by the State Bar of Texas to “promote the availability, accessibility and quality of the services of attorneys to the public in particular areas of the law… and advance the standards of the legal profession.” It operates under the continuing jurisdiction of the Supreme Court of Texas. The TBLS certifies attorneys in 21 select areas of law and paralegals in seven areas. The TBLS is the only organization authorized to provide this service to the citizens of Texas. The Board Certification process is rigorous and thorough with stringent, ongoing requirements after initial certification. In brief, an applicant must:
• have been in practice a minimum of five years with three years of substantial involvement in an area of law,
• complete TBLS-approved Continuing Legal Education course requirements,
• furnish at least 10 qualified, vetted references,
• provide extensive, relevant experience documentation and
• pass a comprehensive, daylong, specialty area examination.